This is my first blog attempt so be kind. I wanted to share to a small degree the emotional roller coaster that these first 5 days have been. As you know, after hours I have reconnecting with friends that I haven't seen in 25 or 30 years, and that has been extremely rich, but also tinged with sadness as I see in their faces the 16 year olds they were, and now in their mid-50s we are looking at the down-sloping part of the metaphoric life-hill. But it is so wonderful to see them. Layer this on top of the readings, lectures, museum exhibits, survivor testimony, and I wonder how many more emotions I can feel. I want to say that the humor interspersed with all the rest is what keeps me sane (a relative state), and I thank you all for that and for the caring that everyone is showing one another. Deep breath and on to another day, another adventure, another discovery.
Leslie
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Leslie,
It has been wonderful getting to know you. This experience, as you say, has been one new emotion after another - and will not soon be ready for it to end. Thank you for everything you've brought to the group!
~Danielle
Leslie, I am so glad you have shared. I think it takes a lot of courage to go back and see people after not seeing them for many years. I am in a great space in my life right now, but it hasn't always been that way. I just try to remember we all are in this life thing, and that means we face good times and bad. I don't know you real well, but I believe you are a compassionate person. Thanks for picking me up today. You were just what I needed. Thanks for being here. I look forward to seeing more of you here.
Post a Comment